Last updated on
Here are seven ways how you can keep your house clean using natural cleaning ingredients. Some of these will surprise you. Read on!
Everyone wants a clean and tidy home. but use those cleaners that do not harm anyone’s health. Conventional cleaners can be dangerous to the environment and health and can cause burns, lung damage, or accidental poisoning especially if you have children at your home.
Numerous studies have been conducted on the use of cleaning agents and found that chemical cleaners have adverse effects on people’s health, skin, and respiratory system, especially on asthma patients and patients with breathing problems.
Bleach, detergents, glass cleaners, and other chemical cleaners have a long-lasting effect that can be worse over time. On the other hand, natural cleaners are safer, cheaper, and can work even better without affecting anyone’s health.
With a few simple ingredients, you can get a clean and shiny home without wasting money on buying conventional cleaners. In fact, you don’t have to buy most of the natural cleaning ingredients and they can be found in your pantry.
Tea, yes tea! It is hard to believe that tea can be the best home cleaner because of its tannic acid which actually cuts through grease and dust and adds shine to a dull old surface. It is best to clean your hardwood floors.
- Boil a pot of water and add 6 to 7 tea bags to it. Turn off the stove and let the tea to sit and steep for about ten minutes.
- Pour this tea into a bucket and add some water to it.
- Start mopping the floor using this tea solution and allow the floor to dry. You will get a clean and shiny floor.
Onion is also a very cheap and effective natural cleaner and the best deodorizer. It can do a lot more than just add flavor to your food. You can use onion for removing stains, polishing the cutlery, cleaning the burned pots, and to get shiny grills. It can also be used to overcome the smell of paint in your newly painted home.
- Take a half onion and scrub this on the surface of cutlery, burned pots, or grills. This will cut the grease and dust and you will get a shiny surface of that item.
- For absorbing paint’s smell, place a bowl of sliced onions, add some water into the bowl, and place it in a freshly painted room to absorb the stinky odor.
Cucumber is best to remove tarnishes and stains from stainless steel items and is great to polish them. It can also be used to remove crayon marks from walls, to clean your bathroom mirrors, tubs and sinks.
- Take a thickly sliced cucumber and rub this on the surface of a dirty and dull appliance.
- If you found any seeds, wipe them with a microfiber cloth.
Instead of throwing banana peels into your trash bins, you can use them to brighten and polish different silverware, leather items, and wood furniture.
- Take some banana peels and blend them with some water to make a thick paste.
- Use this paste to scrub the surface of the desired item, with a soft cloth.
- Wipe down the surface with a wet cloth to remove any residues.
Baking soda is a mild abrasive and acts as a cleaning agent. It can cause grease and dirt to dissolve easily in water. Since it is non-toxic and gentle in nature, that’s why, it is safe for cleaning glass, steel, and plastic items including a sink, dishwasher, iron, stove, microwave (and its alternatives), plastic containers, etc.
- Make a thick paste of baking soda with some water. Apply this paste on the surface of the desired item for cleaning.
- Leave this paste for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wipe down this with a microfiber cloth.
Vinegar is also used as an all-purpose cleaner for cleaning inside and outside of the appliances including stainless steel items. It is best to remove stains, debris, grease, grime, and dirt from surfaces.
- Take a spray bottle and pour equal parts of vinegar and water into this bottle.
- Spray this mixture onto the surface of the appliance.
- Wipe down this with a microfiber cloth to remove any residue.
Just like vinegar, lemon is also a very terrific cleaning agent. It includes acid which is antibacterial and antiseptic, and it can act as a natural bleaching agent. It can be used for cleaning the microwave, removing stains, refreshing wooden cutting boards, deodorizing your drain, polishing furniture, floor cleaning, etc.
- Simply cut a lemon in half and rub this on the surface of the appliance.
- Leave the appliance for few minutes and then wipe the surface with a microfiber cloth.
By using these natural cleaners, you can get a clean and shiny home. Natural cleaners are safe to use, they also save you money and time.
Liked this article? Here’s what you can read next: