Last Updated on
Do you relish and appreciate the soothing tranquillity that your outdoor fountain generates and would love to have the same effect in your home? If so, then below are twelve things that you should know:
- Take some time to think about the room you want to install the indoor fountain so that it can influence what you will pick. It is the space in the house where you spend most of your time?
- How is the lighting in the room? Will you be working with artificial light to enhance the aesthetics of the water feature? The lighting is an essential element in the placement of the fountain. Therefore, you should factor in both natural and artificial light.
- Decide whether the fountain will be the main attraction, the focal point of the room or serve as a secondary decorative feature.
- How big do you want the water feature to be? Ideally, it should not be too small that other things overshadow it in the room or too huge that it consumes much of the available space. As think about this, also consider the side of the water basin.
- Try your level best to go for a seamless installation of the fountain. Look for ways to disguise the power cords if you plan to hard-wire the water feature.
- Place a cork pad underneath the fountain so that you can prevent water marks, the pad is necessary whether the water feature will be on the floor or sitting on a table.
- You will need to invest in distilled water instead of tap water so that you can keep your pumps clean and functioning without any problems.
- And since a pump controls the flow of water in the fountain, ensure that it is powered by the right wattage (most have the same energy consumption as a 70W bulb).
- You will not have to worry about issues of mold due to increased humidity because of installing an indoor fountain in your home.
- Monitor the water to ensure it is clean, and the levels are correct so that the pump does not run dry and get damaged.
- The amount of water in the reservoir, precisely the water level, determine how much the sound the water will make when flowing. Lower the water level if you want to generate a louder sound.
- The sound that the indoor water feature produces can help mask outside noises and distractions.